In the last several weeks, we have monitored guidelines and best practices for gathering safely, as well as kept a close eye on our building construction. After a significant amount of prayer and preparation, we are considering regathering for services starting Sunday, September 6th. We’re committed to creating environments that meet government recommendations for safety. As we reopen, our weekend services are sanitary, touchless environments that allow for physical distancing.
South Bay Church Online
For the past several weeks, we’ve been grateful for the ability to worship together at South Bay Church Online. We encourage you to continue to attend online services if you or a family member doesn’t feel well, or you’re not quite ready to gather in person. You’re a part of the South Bay family, no matter where you choose to attend!
South Bay Church Online is also a great option if you want to invite a friend to join you! Starting on Sunday, September 6th, we will return to streaming live at both 9:00 and 11:00am. You will be able to experience worship, the message, and the community from your church family through live chat and prayer.
What you can expect if you attend on Sunday, September 6th:
- All Staff and the Team members will be wearing masks.
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations are throughout the building.
- Our goal is to provide a touchless experience wherever possible.
- We will thoroughly sanitize all high-volume areas between services.
- Please note, no water fountains will be open or usable until further notice.
- At this time, The Cafe will not be providing any hospitality food or beverages.
- There will be no seatback materials (papers, pens, etc.).
- We encourage but will not require mask-wearing during the service. Disposable masks will be made available when you enter the building for those that want one and do not bring their own.
- You will see many signs encouraging hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer.
- For the safety of all attendees, we also encourage social distancing of six feet and ask that you please follow new entrance and exiting procedures.
What about South Bay Kids & Students?
- Our goal is to resume all Sunday ministry opportunities on Sunday, September 6th.
- Children, Volunteers, and Staff will be required to take a temperature check before checking into the kids ministry.
- Additional hand sanitizers stations will be available outside each classroom as well as additional cleaning supplies for each classroom to be thoroughly cleaned between services.
Be sure to ask the following questions on behalf of your entire group before deciding to attend:
- Am I showing any flu-like symptoms?
- Have I had a fever of 100.4 or higher in the past 14 days?
- Have I had prolonged exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Is there any medical reason why a member of my family or I shouldn’t be around others who could potentially have COVID-19?
- If you answered yes to any of these questions, we strongly encourage you to attend South Bay Church online campus this weekend.
At South Bay, “Welcome Home” is not just a saying, it’s a priority to create an atmosphere where you can find your place with family. Whether you are here in person or online, you can take your next step.
Your Generosity is Making a Difference!
Gifts during the COVID-19 crisis have allowed us to continue blessing our county, state, and the nation as all of our partners have responded in generous ways. So far, this is what you’ve made possible:
- You have funded many mission partners locally and globally.
- 10 local families have been assisted with groceries and benevolence funds.
- Four home repair projects have been able to take place through our Helping Hands group.
- We participate in Feed the Frontlines, where first responders and medical workers at St. Joseph hospital were able to receive gifts from your generosity.
- Furthermore, your giving is helping us provide continued benevolence to those in need.
And we’re just getting started! You can join what God is doing by giving online at any time.
We Want to Pray for You!
Prayer is our first response, not our last resort. We’re comforted and empowered, knowing we serve a miracle-working God who is an ever-present help in times of trouble (Psalm 46:1).
We understand how hard this season has been, and we’re praying for God’s guidance and wisdom in all the choices you face in the weeks ahead. Please drop us a line or send a prayer request at firstname.lastname@example.org our team will be praying!
Groups and Care Classes
Small Groups will continue to meet in-person and virtually at this time. Our virtual platforms have proven practical and powerful during this season. People gather and connect who haven’t had the ability to in the past because they live too far away. Through social media, zoom, and virtual chat rooms, people are sharing their stories, receiving encouragement, and growing in their faith – they are moving from where they are to where God wants them to be! If you are interested in leading an SBC Small Group, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you would like to join one of our life-giving groups, please check out our group options to find a group that’s right for you. Remember, we’re BETTER TOGETHER!!
We are excited to see as interior construction finishes and rooms become outfitted with technology other ministries and classes resume at South Bay. Look forward to more as summer continues! Be sure to visit our events page regularly for the latest updates.